What is West Broadway Commons?
The West Broadway Commons, at 175 Colony Street, is a joint venture project of UWCRC 2.0 (University of Winnipeg Community Renewal Corporation 2.0) and All Saints Anglican Church.
Recognizing that the project takes place on Treaty One lands and will be situated in one of the most ethnically diverse communities in Winnipeg, the project embraces community and inclusion. As such, the building features welcoming and programmable common areas and amenities with extraordinary views, for all residents and visitors. Common areas include a warming kitchen, a multi-purpose room & lounge, a gym and smudging room.
A proposed 12 storey, 110 unit, mixed-use, mixed-income housing development, which will replace the current All Saints Parish Hall at the eastern gateway of the West Broadway neighbourhood. Planned features include:
- A minimum of 51% affordable units
- Attractive units across a range of rent levels in studio, one, two and three bedroom configurations
- 31% of suites meet barrier free accessibility standards and all common areas are universal accessibility designed
- Alternative transportation options through access to transit, car sharing and cycling amenities, in addition to on-site parking
- Vibrant commercial activities at street level.
- Quality design creating a building that fits with the character of the neighbourhood and the adjacent historic All Saints church
- An energy rating 30% better than required by the 2015 National Energy Building Code
To undertake a rental housing development to:
- unlock the value of downtown Winnipeg land
- create a “community in a box” by building exciting socially responsible housing for the West Broadway neighbourhood
- preserve the architecture, a landmark heritage building on the corner of Broadway and Osborne.
Current plans are to break ground in 2019 with completion in 2021.
Click on this link to the UWCRC 2.0 Website about
and see how you can help!
- All Saints has a target to raise $500,000.
- Any donations to All Saints for this project will be matched $2 for every $1 contributed.
- To make donations easier to manage, amounts can be pledged annually for up to five years or December 31, 2022
- You can donate by sending a cheque made out to All Saints Church, 175 Colony Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 1W2
- Please note on the cheque that your donation is for the West Broadway Commons project
- Donate online at uwcrc.ca/west-broadway-commons and use the « Donate Now » Canada Helps button.